Monday, October 15, 2012

Interview Objectives and Questions

I feel the reason for the interview is to find a deeper an understanding of the country. This means that even though personal questions are important to make the interviewee feel comfortable and have them open up, these type of questions aren't that important. There will be some phase objectives that I'll try to meet. The first phase is getting personal with the interviewee and try to get them talking. The second phase involves questions about the country they come from. The third phase is allowing them to ask me questions.

The twelve questions I've choose and the phases I'll attempt to associate them with are:
Phase 1:
Could you tell me about yourself?(your name, home country)
Why did you choose to study at St.cloud University?
What are you planning to do after school?
(Transition) 
Would you like to tell me about your country?
Phase 2:
Can you tell me about activities that young people like to do in your country?
What is the difference in educational systems between your country and North America?
What are your country's major religions? 
What are major holidays in your country? 
What is your traditional food? 
Could you tell me about your country's traditional process regarding marriage? 
What’s considered offensive in your country? 
(Transition)
Is there anything you would like to add before we end our interview?
Phase 3:
Do you have any questions for me, now that I have had the pleasure of asking you about so many things?

No comments:

Post a Comment